
On September 12, 2010 my dad lost his battle with cancer. Seven weeks later I was pregnant with a little boy! It was a bittersweet feeling. I was ecstatic to know that I would be a mother, but sad to think that my dad would never meet him. When we found out it was a boy I immediately knew that I wanted to name him after my dad. My dad's name was John Harold and went by Jack. Jared and I decided to modernize the name Jack and name our baby boy Jackson. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of my dad and I can't wait to tell Jackson about his pawpaw "Jack"!
This makes me so sad. I wish your dad could have laid eyes on him and held him before his passing. You handled this well, it seems. Maybe the Lord gave you Jackson to take some of the pain away from your loss.
ReplyDelete